2023 Dealmakers of the Year Honorees
Presented By: Calvetti Ferguson
SMG Industries, Inc.
A publicly-traded transportation services company with twelve divisions offering end to end logistics solutions.
- Made a transformational acquisition on July 7, 2023, acquiring Barnhart Transportation for $53.25 million.
- Recapitalized SMGI’s balance sheet with new $25 million revolving LOC and $31 million term loan
- Doubled company’s annual revenues to approx. $152 million.
Chief Executive Officer
Developer of a workload automation platform for banks, credit unions, insurance companies, and other financial services businesses.
- ParkerGale Capital sold a stake in the company to Thoma Bravo in October of 2022.
- In support of the transaction, the company received debt financing in the form of a revolving credit line, a term loan and a $5.87 million mezzanine facility from Sixth Street Lending Partners BDC and PNC.
- The funds will be used to support future acquisitions.
Founder & CEO
Team on a mission to perfect the experience of home comfort for homeowners through custom sensors, software and streamlined interactions with service providers.
- Raised $22 million Series B venture funding earlier this year, from mostly local Houston investors, to fund continued growth into the HVAC, plumbing and energy sectors.
CEO & Founder
Developer of a Software-as-a-Service-based platform designed to bring operators, maintenance, and warehouse teams on one unified platform.
- Raised $26.00 million of Series B venture funding in a deal led by Vista Equity Partners in May of 2023, putting the company's pre-money valuation at $105 million.
- Tiger Global Management also participated in the round.
- The funds will be used to accelerate product innovation and reach new regional markets while further establishing the company's leadership position in the emerging connected worker software category.
Co-Founder, President, CEO
Developer of a biomedical engineering technology designed to improve the quality and length of life for dialysis patients.
- Raised $16.06 million through a combination of Series A and Series A1 venture in a deal led by IAG Capital Partners and Good Growth Capital in July of 2023, putting the company's pre-money valuation at $30 million.
- Wealthing VC Fund, SNR and 4 other investors also participated in the round.
- The funds will be used fund for their US Pivotal Trial and expand their manufacturing capabilities, aiming towards FDA Approval of their novel therapeutic medical device.