2023 Hall of Fame Inductees
Dr. Marvin Caruthers
- Marvin is an American biochemist/Distinguished Professor at the University of Colorado Boulder.
- The chemical reactions that he discovered in the early 1980s lead him to developing a faster, more efficient way to successively add a new nucleotide to a growing strand of DNA in a matter of seconds.
- Co-founded Amgen and Applied Biosystems—two global companies he used for his R&D to break into the market.
- Honors & Memberships: National Medal of Science, National Academy of Sciences, American Academy of Arts & Sciences, National Academy of Inventors, National Inventors Hall of Fame, and most recently the Inaugural Merkin Prize in Biomedical Technology.
- Retired C-level entrepreneurial executive with more than 30 years of strategic, operational, transaction and financial experience.
- He was the CFO of FullSpeed Automotive, which he led into more than 400 franchisees and operated over 180 company owned retail stores.
- Served as the CFO of Tidel Engineering, where he successfully partnered with 2 CEOs and 4 private equity funds in four buyouts resulting in significant value creation.
- Bioscience Industry pioneer & entrepreneur who is internationally recognized for his research at the University of Colorado Boulder and initiated numerous discoveries while developing successful biotechnology patents.
- Founder & former Chairman & CEO of SomaLogic
- Founder of NeXagen, Inc. (later became NeXstar Pharmaceuticals, Inc), which merged with Gilead Sciences, Inc. to develop and commercialize treatments for infectious diseases.
- Awards & Memberships: American Academy of Arts and Sciences, National Academy of Sciences, Lifetime Award, and the Chiron Prize for BioTechnology from Colorado BioScience Association, as well as many other local and national awards.
- The CEO of Kodiak Building Partners, responsible for the overall vision, strategy and execution of Kodiak's business plan while also serving on Kodiak's Board of Directors.
- Kodiak has grown to nearly $900 million in revenue through a series of sixteen acquisitions and one business launch along with extensive organic growth of its portfolio companies.
- Prior to Kodiak, he was with ProBuild Holdings, where he created the organization to support the company’s M&A, Financial Analysis, Investor Relations, Budgeting and Long Range Planning Functions.