Independent wealth management firms Interchange Capital Partners and Defiant Capital Group announced a joint venture to create Defiant Interchange Advisors LLC. Focused on serving companies that have an enterprise value of $25 million to $500 million, the new firm offers strategic advisory services for middle market business owners and families.
Defiant Interchange Advisors (DIA) was founded by Interchange Capital Partners’ founders Brian Baum and Ahmie Baum, and Defiant Capital Group’s founders Jonathan Dane and Kelly Dane. DIA is an M&A Advisory firm specializing in strategic mergers and acquisitions advisory for middle market businesses. The firm’s focus is to maximize business value for owners during the M&A process, while simultaneously optimizing post-transaction net worth for the business and family.
“Our experience across industries allows us to offer institutional level transaction support to businesses, but with a hands-on approach that typically isn’t offered to lower-middle market businesses,” Dane said in a statement. “And unlike most M&A advisory firms we don’t view deals as only transactions.”
Interchange Capital Partners’ ability to maximize business value and a family’s post-transaction net worth is the foundation of the firm’s unique process.
“Our work doesn’t stop when the deals closes,” Baum said. “In order to maximize a family’s post-transaction value we work along-side the family post-closing on the complex estate and asset structuring issues that follow.”
Defiant Interchange Advisors already has a deal under agreement and is actively looking for additional engagements.
“We are excited to continue growing this business and bring our unique offering to even more families,” Baum said.
- Mergers and Acquisition Advisory (Business Sale or Purchase): The team will work alongside clients on mergers, acquisitions, sales and divestitures. The process maximizes the value of clients' businesses in their sale processes, as well as the actual payment received. The team counsels clients through all stages of the deal process including:
- Evaluation of strategic alternatives
- Finding potential acquirers and targets
- Transaction terms including valuation, structuring, timing and potential financing.
- Strategic Advisory: The team works with families and business owners outside of transactions to help optimize the value of their companies. Advisory services typically include the evaluation of various strategic alternatives including valuation, growth strategy, competitive landscape, capital structure, debt and equity alternatives, liquidity, succession, transaction planning and transaction timing.