Sedgwick, a provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions, announced that Ohio-based CompManagement and CareWorks Comp have merged and become Sedgwick.
This merger enables a seamless transition in bringing additional resources and experience to clients, together providing claims and risk management consulting solutions for more than 65,000 Ohio employers, including organizations of all sizes operating in various industries. With more than 3,000 colleagues based in Ohio, the newly merged company is now backed by the global resources and expertise of Sedgwick, providing expert claims solutions to help businesses mitigate risk and reduce costs.
CompManagement and CareWorks Comp have more than 50 years of combined experience helping employers navigate Ohio’s workers’ compensation system, providing services to help them control claim-related costs and reduce premiums. As Sedgwick, the merged companies will continue its work to improve clients’ programs and increase savings by simplifying and resolving complicated claim issues.
Under the merger, the company will continue to provide the following services:
- Claims management: Sedgwick provides prompt claims investigations to determine compensability, careful evaluation of claims prior to certification, and coordination of legal counsel, hearing representation, private investigations, case management and/or vocational expertise to bring complex cases to timely resolution.
- Group rating program administration: Employers with better than average claim histories can join together through a sponsoring organization and pay a much lower premium.
- Group retrospective rating program administration: Employers with claim costs below a predetermined amount have the opportunity to receive retrospective premium refunds at the end of three evaluation periods. Sedgwick administers programs for cities, school districts and counties, as well as businesses in various industries such as healthcare, manufacturing, construction, transportation and retail.
- Education programs: Sedgwick offers comprehensive educational programs covering a variety of topics related to claims management, cost containment strategies, rate development, alternative rating programs, return to work strategies, safety practices, loss prevention, industry and legislative issues, and current trends.
- Safety services: Sedgwick’s approach to developing a results-oriented safety management program includes improving and resolving workplace issues effectively.
- Program consultation: Sedgwick’s industry leading experts review each client to ensure participation in programs that may help them save the most on premiums, such as group rating, group and individual retrospective rating and deductible programs, and other options such as the Drug Free Safety Program, Destination Excellence, EM cap, Grow Ohio, One Claim Program, safety council and self-insurance.